The Southern Marin Fire Protection District has the following openings:
Southern Marin Fire District is seeking qualified candidates for an Oversight Committee
Southern Marin Fire is establishing a Measure U Citizen Oversight Committee. Measure U will ensure that the District is financially stable and able to continue offering firefighting, lifesaving response services and enhanced fire prevention efforts within the District. The Committee shall be composed of 5 members who are private citizens and who collectively represent the diversity of the Fire District. Members shall neither be elected officials nor public employees from any agency that either oversees or benefits from the proceeds of the parcel tax. Membership shall be limited to Southern Marin Fire Protection District residents and property taxpayers without economic interest in any of the Southern Marin Fire Protection District’s projects. Members will be required to comply with the disclosure and conflict of interest requirements of the Political reform Act of 1974, California Code Section 81000 et seq. (as amended).
- Initial terms are two (2) years for two (2) members and four (4) years for three (3) members. Thereafter, all terms are four (4) years with no limit on the number of terms served.
- To provide for staggered terms, at the first meeting of the Committee, the members will draw lots to determine whether their initial appointment is for two or four years.
- All initial appointment terms shall commence on confirmation by the SMFD Board of Directors. Initial appointments shall expire two (2) years or four (4) years thereafter.
- Members shall be responsible for having a working knowledge of the establishing ordinance, Bylaws, and any other governing regulations that define and set forth the intent and purpose of their appointment and shall only represent and take action of matters related thereto.
- Members shall not misrepresent the scope of their influence or authority, in matters assigned, or represent recommendations of the Committee as Southern Marin Fire Protection District policy until such time as formal action has been taken by the SMFD Board of Directors.
- Regular meetings of the Committee shall be held, twice annually, on the third (3rd) Wednesday of the month at 6:30 p.m. The Committee meeting shall be conducted at Fire Station 9 (308 Reed Blvd), Mill Valley, California.
Please send letter of intent and a resume to Human Resources Manager Liza Andre at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 29, 2019.
VEGETATION MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST - FIRE INSPECTOR
Southern Marin Fire Protection District is recruiting to fill: Vegetation Management Specialist – Fire Inspector ($77,796 - $86,400/yr. DOE) position in the Fire Prevention Division.
The Vegetation Management Specialist will perform a variety of fire protection duties including:
- Works with appropriate governmental entities on management of fire fuel reduction programs
- Interprets and enforces provisions of the District, State and other relevant ordinances and regulations
- Serves as a liaison to the public in regards to public education on fuel reduction, wildfire disaster preparedness, and provide information to the public concerning the Vegetation Management Program.
- Supports community Firewise© and related community-based programs
- As assigned, represents SMFD at community-based organizations events and on committees and assist in training programs and group presentations
- Manages community cleanup chipper day projects
- Identifies and manages fuel breaks and fire access roads, as well as, stairs, lanes and paths as possible evacuation routes.
- Inspect and perform evaluations of property, vegetation and structures to identify fire code violations and fire hazards and recommend corrective actions.
- Work directly with fire district staff on vegetation removal and related projects
- Provides monthly updates to the Fire Marshal for inclusion in monthly reports to the SMFD Board of Directors
- Provides comprehensive semi-annual and annual progress reports identifying significant findings and accomplishments
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Fire Marshal
Please see below for Job Description. Qualified applicants please send application and resume to Human Resources Manager Liza Andre at email@example.com. This position will require a background investigation and drug screen.
Applications will be accepted until 4pm on Friday May 31, 2019
We appreciate your interest in the Southern Marin Fire Protection District. Please follow us on social media and check back here often for updates.