Fire Incident Report and Battery Safety - February 22, 2021
Fire Incident Report:
Over the weekend, a small structure fire occurred in Mill Valley at a 3-story residential home. Southern Marin Fire District, Marin County Fire and Tiburon Fire units were dispatched to the First Alarm Fire and were able to contain the fire to the room of origin.
Due to the quick action of E4 crew and 1583, the fire did not spread to any other part of the home. We are happy to report there were no injuries and the family evacuated safely. Thank you to all our partners for your support.
The cause of fire was determined to be a bag in the closet that had lithium ion batteries. Resident reported flames coming out of the batteries. A further investigation will be determined if needed. Southern Marin Fire District wants to encourage residents to properly recycle their used household batteries, compact fluorescent lamps, and fluorescent tubes.