Living With Fire: Tam Valley MONDAY April 15
Join us for a FREE 2-hour seminar on wildfire preparedness for Tam Valley residents.
As Marin residents, we all share responsibility to be prepared for wildfires. Wildfires are a natural part of our environment, and it’s imperative that we build our homes, maintain our landscapes, and prepare our families for the next major fire.
Learn about Tam Valley’s hazard and risk, and what you can do about it from the wildfire experts at Southern Marin Fire District and FIRESafe MARIN.
- Are you and your family prepared to safely evacuate when a wildfire strikes?
- Is your home vulnerable to igniting from wildfire embers?
- Does your home have adequate Defensible Space?
- Are you interested in working with neighbors and land managers to reduce fire risk in your community?
- Updates on Southern Marin Fire District's WUI ordinances.
- Local evacuation specifics.
- Introduction to planning and hazard assessment which is underway, and opportunity for public input.
This workshop is intended primarily for residents, homeowners, and regular visitors to Tam Valley, CA. Registration online at www.firesafemarin.org/events is encouraged, but not required.
Monday, April 15 2019 from 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM, Southern Marin Fire District will host this seminar, consisting of a 60-minute presentation on wildfire preparedness, with a short . introduction and update and opportunity for public input on future planning efforts, and 30 minutes of questions and answers.
Additional "Living WIth Fire" seminars for residents of other locales will be held across Marin in 2019 (see www.firesafemarin.org/events for details). Each “Living With Fire” session will focus on issues facing the community hosting the event.
This seminar will include information specific to residents of Tam Valley or Southern Marin Fire District (seminars will be offered in Sausalito, Strawberry/Alto, Tiburon in May - check back soon).
|Event Date||04-15-2019 7:00 pm|
|Event End Date||04-15-2019 9:00 pm|
|Location||Tam Valley Community Center|