Watch Part 2 of "How To Prepare Before, During, & After A Wildfire Evacuation" Video Series
The vegetation fire in Mill Valley on Monday, May 31st is a reminder to all residents to be prepared when wildfires threaten our community. Residents should know what to do in case of emergency. All month long Southern Marin Fire District will be sharing videos educating residents on steps to prepare, in advance, for evacuation from wildfires and other disasters.
In an emergency, Marin officials may use many different tools to communicate information and instructions to the community; Alert Marin, Nixle, local TV and radio, and Social Media (Facebook and Twitter) are the primary outlets. Register now and prepare to use these systems before an emergency occurs.
Watch "Part Two" of our Wildfire Evacuation Preparedness Video.
Previous Videos from the Evacuation Preparedness Series:
Watch "Part One" of our Wildfire Evacuation Preparedness Video.
Be aware of where you live
- Have multiple evacuation routes
- Be prepared to evacuate on foot
- Check out the Evacuation Map for routes
- Know your closest Assembly Area
Have your stuff Ready
- Keep a bag ready with emergency supplies
- Have a plan for your pets
- Keep important documents in a “grab and go” location
- Subscribe to notification systems
- Tune in radios to emergency channel
- Listen for Evacuation Sirens
This video project is in partnership with the City of Mill Valley Emergency Preparedness Commission. And a big thanks to Mill Valley Police Department's Chief of Police, Rick Navarro, and Southern Marin Fire Protection District's Fire Chief, Chris Tubbs, for their support.
Videography by Ken Campbell